Sunday 26 January 2014

Powerage > Back In Black


I can probably think of 100 reasons why “Powerage” is the best AC/DC album ever, but I’m going to keep this short and sweet. So here are just the top-10 reasons why “Powerage” > “Back In Black”.
  1. Bon Scott. Of course. Brian’s a great bloke, gotta love the guy, no one else could have pulled this off, had a great chat with him once about Newcastle United and Nikos Ntampizas, but I mean come on, this is Bon. Right? Right?
  2. Produced by Vanda and Young. I like my rock ‘n’ roll gritty. Robert John “Mutt” Lange is a fantastic producer but you won’t see his picture in the dictionary next to the definition of the word “gritty”.
  3. Can’t picture AC/DC playing “Hells Bells”, “Shoot To Thrill” or “You Shook Me All Night Long” live in a pub instead of an arena. Can totally picture AC/DC playing “Gimme A Bullet”, “Gone Shootin’” or “Up To My Neck In You” live in a pub. To be precise, I dream of seeing AC/DC live in a pub playing this stuff.
  4. Because Keith Richards says so.
  5. The maracas and handclaps on “Rock ‘N’ Roll Damnation”. Pure fucking genius.
  6. “Sin City” would’ve been the best AC/DC song ever, if it wasn’t for “Down Payment Blues”.
  7. The riff on “Riff Raff”. And the raff.
  8. “What’s Next to The Moon” is pure beat poetry.
  9. That blood-curdling scream in the intro of “Kicked In The Teeth”.
  10. Malcolm Young has said this was their finest moment. Who am I to disagree?
There. I hope that settles it, I have proved beyond any reasonable doubt that “Powerage” is better than “Back In Black”. Now stay tuned for my next blog post titled “Back In Black Is The Best Album In The History Of Mankind”.


No comments:

Post a Comment